On the occurrence of such national events like Independence Day, etc people get lots of courage some days before the exact date. In such conditions they become very enthusiastic to know about their country and start searching for current happenings, historical facts and other facts. So, we have provided some interesting and knowledgeable facts about Independence Day of India in order to fulfil your needs and enhance your general knowledge.
Some of are:
● India got freedom from the British rule on 15th of August in 1947.
● India got freedom after lots of struggle in 1947 in the midnight.
● First Independence day of India was celebrated in 1947, 15th of August by hoisting tri-coloured flag.
● Later it was declared as the National and Gazetted holiday when schools and colleges open for some hours only to celebrate it with some academic and cultural works.
● National Anthem is sung after a flag hoisting ceremony.
● Rani Laxmi Bai (Queen of Jhansi) had fought like a tiger against the British rule and sacrificed her life.
● Mahatma Gandhi (also called as the father of nation) led the country through his non-violent movement to get freedom.
● India has never attacked any other country in the last 100000 years of history.
● Earlier there was a valley named Indus which became the first inhabitant of India and then it became the reason of origin of name “India”.
● Princely states of India were brought together by the Sardar Vallabhai Patel during the freedom struggle movement of the country.
● “Swaraj is my birthright, and I will have it!” was proclaimed by the Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
● Bhagat Singh threw a bomb on the British government during meeting for which he was arrested and hung.
● Indian freedom struggle was supported by a Britisher also, named as Dr. Annie Besant who had founded the Home Rule league in India.
● Ashfaqualla Khan was a great freedom fighter who was given a death sentence where he first kissed the noose before getting hanged.
● The rebellion of 1857 was a most prominent freedom movement against Britishers.
● Ignorance of British Government orders was completely initiated in the Civil Disobedience Movement of 1929.
● Dandi March of 1930 was started by Mahatma Gandhi as an Indian independence movement for making own salt against the British rule.
● Quit India Movement was started in 1942 to widespread non-violent struggle all over the India for getting freedom.
● 15th of August is also celebrated as Independence Day in countries like South Korea (got freedom from Japan in 1945), Bahrain (from UK in 1971) and Congo (from France in 1960).
● Indian Independence Day celebration officially takes place at Red Fort, Delhi.
● When India became independent, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru became its first Prime Minister and hoisted the national flag on Red Fort, Delhi.
● At the time of independence of India, gold price was (in 1947) 88.62 Rs/10 grams however now, it is 28,795 Rs/10 grams.
● Indian rupee in 1947 was equal to Re 1 = $1 and currently 61.43/dollar.
● First cabinet (group of 13 ministers) of India had taken an oath on 15th of August 1947.
● There was no any National Anthem during the time of Independence of India.
Posted by Pawan Sarmah